First Bloom - Silk Painting

Unknown Monday, May 3, 2010
This is the silk painting I told you about in last week's post. This was the second one I painted and I am happy with the outcome. I painted this to enter into a local contest held at Chemers Gallery. The theme for the show is "Live and Play in Tustin." I'll find out next week if it gets in. Below is my first attempt at this scene.
I just taped it onto a board and it's not stretched which is why it's so uneven looking. Also, I wasn't paying attention when I taped it down and it's backward from the way I painted it. Of course, that doesn't really matter because with silk painting, the color is the same from both sides. There are several reasons that made me feel that this first attempt wasn't as successful as it could be. Even though I always garden in pants, this person dressed in pants didn't feel right. I also don't like the sunglasses. I think my second attempt with the girl in a skirt and hat just feel more garden-like. I also didn't get the value contrast strong enough and the arbor doesn't really show up very well. As much as I like green, I think this painting has too much of it. What do you all think? I hope you like the top one better because that's the one I framed.
The new one (at the top) is framed and for sale.

First Bloom
Image Size 30" x 18"
Silk Dyes on Silk
Framed
$650.00
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment